List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New librariares into kdelibs
From:       Szombathelyi "György" <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-01-27 19:07:22

Tuesday 27 January 2004 13:02 dátummal Cornelius Schumacher ezt írta:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 12:30, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> > The last has some logic in it (query the server naming context and the
> > supported SASL mechanisms), so it's not just some editboxes. My question
> > is what would be the best place for these classes? Now I added to
> > kdelibs/kabc, is this good (or KDE doesn't need any of these classes - I
> > hope it does) ?
>
> Perhaps you should show us the code first. There definitely is a need for
> better LDAP support in KDE.

Hello!

I assembled the patches for the new ldap support. The LDAP ioslave attached
supports writing to and deleting from the directory. Also supports SSL (ldaps
protocol), TLS and SASL authentication. These can be activated by the
following LDAP URL extensions:
x-tls - enable tls
x-sasl - enable SASL
x-mech=xxx - choose SASL authentication mechanism (e.g. PLAIN, GSSAPI, ...)
The x-dir=[base|one|sub] extension affects the data what the ioslave returns.
Base - returns the search result in LDIF file
One - returns the search as a directory, each entry as a file entry
Sub - returns the search as directory, plus each entry as a directory if the
item has child entries.

The ldap resource is enhanced, especially in speed, because now only one query
issued to the server, instead of one query per entry. Also it's true
asynchronous.

I hope it can be accepted.

Regards,
György

P.S: I'm on the list, so please don't CC e-mails directly to me

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu

["ldaps.protocol" (text/plain)]

[Protocol]
exec=kio_ldap
protocol=ldaps
input=none
output=filesystem
listing=Name,
reading=true
source=true
writing=true
#makedir=true
deleting=true
#linking=true
#moving=true
mimetype=text/plain
determineMimetypeFromExtension=false
DocPath=kioslave/ldap.html
Icon=kaddressbook

["kdelibs-kabc-extra.tar.bz2" (application/x-tbz)]
["kdelibs-kabc.diff.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]
["kdebase-kio_ldap.diff.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]