List:       kde-devel
Subject:    New librariares into kdelibs
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-01-27 11:30:58

Hello!

I'm developing a new ldap ioslave, with a rewrite of the ldap resource
in libkabc. I (re)wrote three generic classes which is commonly used by
the ioslave, resource and possibly other LDAP-aware components. These
classes are:
1. KLDIF, an ldap parser handling all aspects of RFC2849 (including
changetypes),
2. KLDAPUrl for handling LDAP Urls (RFC2255) and
3. KLDAPConfigWidget, which is a generic widget which can be
encapsulated in dialog boxes allowing to select the LDAP connection
parameters.

The last has some logic in it (query the server naming context and the
supported SASL mechanisms), so it's not just some editboxes. My question
is what would be the best place for these classes? Now I added to
kdelibs/kabc, is this good (or KDE doesn't need any of these classes - I
hope it does) ?

Regards,
György