List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Complie break in kdenetwork--3.1.95 (3.2rc1)
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () rogers ! com>
Date:       2004-01-24 4:17:33

Hi

I had a problem compileing kwifimanager.

There seems to be a conflict with wireless_tools.27/iwlib.h ( installed
in /usr/local/include/iwlib.h) and kdenetwork-3.1.95/wifi/iwlib.h

The problem was a break in
kdenetwork-3.1.95/wifi/kwireless/linuxwirelesswidget.cpp. It ssems there
are a different number of arguments (wireless_tools.27 takes more args)

I fixed it my changing line 127 of the linuxwirelesswidget.cpp file to:

     line 127 changed to:
          if(iw_get_stats(socketFD,
   		         device_c_str,
			 &(info.stats),
			 &(info.range),
			 info.has_range)
	   >= 0)

It seems to work but...
When I try to bring up the config editor, it asks for a password. I
dutifully enter it and the dialog disappears but nothing happens. I do
have a LAN connection at the time. The access point, My IP, and the
channel as well as the connection speed seem to show OK. The signal
strength shows 0 and out of range. Not true since the connection works
great. The statistics window show nothing (but I think the card doesn't
support stats). The interface name shows correctly.

If I close the widow, the panel icon (graph disappears too). Not sure if
this is supposed to be a docking app.

John