List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: configure doesn't find CUPS
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-01-08 12:50:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Goffioul Michael wrote:
>As you can see, "kde_cups_libs" is used as additional linraries
>when checking for cupsServer in -lcups. It has a default value, but
>if cups-config is found, it is set to "cups-config --libs". If the
>additional "--ldflags" is required, please commit the change
>(I cannot make the changes during the coming days). If it is not
>required, then it's a packaging problem.

I don't think it's necessary -- I misread cups-config's output and
thought --ldflags was the correct one.

However, try making that change (even if you edit the configure script
manually) and see if it helps solving the problem. If it does, then we
should add the output of --ldflags as well.

Mine only has:
$ cups-config --ldflags
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom (AT) mail (dot) com