List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: configure doesn't find CUPS
From:       "Goffioul Michael" <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2004-01-08 9:18:26

> What does cups-config --ldflags --libs say? Compare it to the
> command-line configure used (quoted below). If the flags are the same,
> it would indicate a problem with GNU TLS or with packaging in your
> distribution.

Here are the corresponding lines from kdelibs/kdeprint/configure.in.in

kde_cups_config=
kde_cups_libs="-lcups $LIBDL $LIBSOCKET"
AC_PATH_PROG(kde_cups_config,cups-config)
if test -n "$kde_cups_config"; then
  kde_cups_libs=`$kde_cups_config --libs`
else
  AC_MSG_RESULT(cups-config not found, using default libraries: $kde_cups_libs. You \
should consider upgrading CUPS) fi
AC_CHECK_LIB(cups,cupsServer,[ac_cups_libs=1],[ac_cups_libs=0],$kde_cups_libs)

As you can see, "kde_cups_libs" is used as additional linraries
when checking for cupsServer in -lcups. It has a default value, but
if cups-config is found, it is set to "cups-config --libs". If the
additional "--ldflags" is required, please commit the change
(I cannot make the changes during the coming days). If it is not
required, then it's a packaging problem.

Michael.