List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrating this behavior into konqueror? (again)
From:       Simon =?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=FCrlimann?= <simon.huerlimann () access ! unizh ! ch>
Date:       2004-01-05 3:19:23

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 23:44, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> Hello,
>
> some time ago I proposed to give a "more intelligent" behavior to konqueror
> (see below). No KDE developer replied affermatively, so I began to build a
> prototype, in order to prove the feasibility and usefulness of the concept.
> This app is called segusoLand and can be actually used. Screenshots and code
> at
>
>  http://segusoland.sourceforge.net
>
> I would like to know if the team has considered it, and is willing to add
> "intelligent option narrowing" to konqueror. I know you are busy completing
> kde 3.2, but this would be nice for the future, say kde 3.3 :-)
>
> I hope someone will use this idea before Microsoft does. Just think of the
> differentiating factor KDE would have. Of course nautilus should be restyled.
>
> I am here for comments
Great! Very interesting and a potential big step forward! Well, the gui
is ugly and realy needs to be thought over, but the concept is just
incredible nice.

I have some idea to make it even more usefull for the power user:

I'd like to have a command line (just one line below the toolbar), where
I can enter sentences like (borrowed from your 'example actions' page):
- Print file.pdf with program kprinter and printer HP Laserjet 6L
- Play song.mp3 with program xmms at time 10:30
- View pictures p1.jpg and p2.png with program Eye-of-Gnome on the
screen Primary-Screen
- Turn off computer at time "4 hours from now"
- Format disk Primary-disk-1.

The great thing would be that I could use the tab to complete my
entries. I would just enter
> 'Print fi' tab
> 'Print file.pdf wi' tab
> 'Print file.pdf with program kpri' tab
> 'Print file.pdf with program kprinter a' tab
> 'Print file.pdf with program kprinter and printer ' tab, tab
> 'Print file.pdf with program kprinter and printer '
> ' HP Laserjet 6L'
> ' Epson Stylus Color'
> 'Print file.pdf with program kprinter and printer HP' tab
> 'Print file.pdf with program kprinter and printer HP Laserjet 6L'
enter

Or so... The columns could be updated automaticaly. Maybe it's also
possible to create such sentences while clicking with the mouse. This
way, the normal user can learn how to articulate their will.

Simon