List:       kde-devel
Subject:    configure doesn't find CUPS
From:       Jody Hay <jodyhay () charter ! net>
Date:       2003-12-31 17:13:57

   I'm having some difficulty getting configure to find CUPS.

  I'm running debian, and dpkg -l shows that I have the following packages:

ii  cupsys            1.1.20candidat Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
ii  cupsys-bsd     1.1.20candidat Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD comman
ii  cupsys-client  1.1.20candidat Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client pro
ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.5-6        Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS
ii  cupsys-pt      1.2.4-1        Tool for viewing/managing print jobs under C
ii  libcupsimage2  1.1.20candidat Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - image libs
ii  libcupsys2        1.1.20candidat Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs
ii  libcupsys2-dev 1.1.20candidat Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - developmen

  First, I tried using konstruct to build KDE 3.2 Beta 2.  I get this:

checking for cupsServer in -lcups... no
configure: WARNING: CUPS library not found. CUPS support disabled

  Then, I tried checking out kdelibs from cvs.  When I run
  configure against it I get:

checking for cups-config... /usr/bin/cups-config
checking for cupsServer in -lcups... no
configure: WARNING: CUPS library not found. CUPS support disabled

  Cups is definitely working under my kde-3.1.3 install.
  Am I missing something?  Any thoughts?