List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Questions of kcfg compiler
From:       Kevin Gilbert <kev.gilbert () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2003-12-31 8:26:54

Hi all,

Sorry to be a pest (again), but a few questions on *.kcfg files:

1) How can I use a QComboBox widget that I dynamically load (ie, clear()
append append() type stuff)? I've tried lots of things but the software
steadfastly refuses to recognise any option that was not specified in Qt
Designer.

2) What is the best way of presenting the user with a list of composite
objects (each object consisting of a QDateTime and QString object) for
review? My first impression was to use a KListView and three
QPushButton's ("&New", "&Edit" and "&Delete"). But how do I configure
the buttons in the *.kcfg XML script?

I've looked at the source to the compiler (kconfig_compiler.cpp) but
that hasn't given me any solutions. I've also looked for documentation -
again with now success. :-(

Without wanting to be disrespectful, but is the kconfig_compiler "the
coming thing" (tm) and still a "bit underdone" or is it "yesterday's
brainwave" that should be silently discarded? This is an innocent
question - I'm willing to perserve with this facility if it is in the
best interests of KDE.

Kindest regards and a Happy New Year to all (and remember, tonight's
good time is tomorrows hangover :-D )

Kevin