List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: toolbar drop down menus?
From:       Dominic Chambers <dominic () enkasa ! com>
Date:       2003-12-30 16:59:43

> > I have the menu working except that if I just click on it directly
> > without waiting for the drop down then nothing happens. How do I make it
> > do something without the drop down?
>
> Maybe KToolBarPopupAction is the correct one.

Oh, dear me! Not thinking laterally again?! Thanks.

Having now seen the full array of Action classes, I no longer think it's
possible to do what I wanted to do. It's not too bad though; I just got rid
of the menu delay so you always have to click twice but don't have to wait
for the second click.

I wonder if this would be a useful feature though? I have a restart button in
my toolbar to restart daemons, but it leads to three possible restart actions
(restart, reload, and conditional restart). I wanted the full, vanilla
restart to be the default option, with all the choices available if you held
the mouse down.

You can approximate this with the KToolBarPopupAction class you mentioned, but
then you need to manage whether the actions are enabled or disabled yourself,
and you lose the greying out, so the UI becomes a bit inconsistent.

Anyway, thanks for the help, Dominic.