List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde-linux] KDE 3.1.4 + CVS now remembers virtual desktop]
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-12-24 6:37:53

Michael Pyne wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 December 2003 22:54, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>My original question is how to control this, how can I turn this off.  I
>>can't even figure out how it works.  The window size is written to the
>>apps: "*rc", but which virtual desktop to use isn't.
>

> Well, I just tried it myself, and I can't even get KWin to remember that it's
> supposed to store the window settings.  After selecting Store Window Settings
> and closing the application and then restarting, the new window's Store
> Window Settings option is unchecked again.
>
> This is with KDE CVS, though.  As far as where the setting is stored, and/or
> how to turn it off, I'm not sure myself. :-(

I have CVS that I checked out with the KDE_3_2_BETA_2 tag and it works.  And, it works on
3.1.4+.  If I turn it off it no longer opens the application in a given window.

I am guessing that it is only a recent feature that it remembers which virtual desktop as
part of the window settings.

So, my problem can be restated:

I want to be able to set the window size WITHOUT also telling it which virtual desktop to
open the window in.  As I said in my original posting, sometimes it is useful to have
something always open in the same virtual desktop.  However, with something like an
editor, this is not helpful.

--
JRT