List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Re: [kde] It would be nice to have a KDE Linux 3.2
From:       Darren Hatherley <DarrenHatherley () badpun ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-12-21 19:57:39

I've caught this thread a little late, so apologies if I'm repeating stuff.

There are some files in your home directory that act as switches for mandrake.
In $HOME/.menu/ there is a file called enable-mdk-customizations which, if
present, will ditch the KDE menu and enable the non-standard Mandrake one.
(I'm assuming that this is what it was originally called - it's now called
disable-mdk-customizations on my machine, and the standard KDE menu is used
in preference to the mdk one.)

Not ideal, I know, but it works for me. Of course, now all the MDK RPMs
installed don't show up in the menu...

Darren