List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs/kwallet/client
From:       "Friedrich W. H.  Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2003-12-18 18:18:47

Am Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2003 07:18 schrieb Manuel Amador (Rudd-O):
> El jue, 18-12-2003 a las 00:52, George Staikos escribió:
> > > static const char const* SomeIDString = "Important";
> >
> >   Do you realise that you can make typos there too?  It's not really any
> > more useful, honestly.
>
> Perhaps the idea behind this kind of thing is to "concentrate" the typos
> in only one place, and force constants to have the right name or else
> the compiler complains.

Yes, that was exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for explaining :)
When I learned programming I was told to define all things in one place. But
getting into KDE I wondered if I remembered right seeing all this string ids
being explicitly written again and again (especially the config entry keys)
and sometimes being mistyped.

So it seems to be all about laziness, no technical reason, right? (AFAIU not
in this case, though)

Friedrich