List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Collecting "hi" voices
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-12-15 15:12:41

On Monday 15 December 2003 9:54 am, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2003 15:42, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > On Sunday 14 December 2003 3:37 pm, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > > Then you could conceivably find out what coolo sounds like,
> > > or how to welcome someone (to KDE) in Mandarin Chinese.
> >
> > How about in each app's About box?  The developers involved could record
> > say their names and how long they've beein hacking on KDE.
>
> The problem is that it is rather untranslatable. So for many users it will
> just take space in the distribution and on their harddisk.

Just say your name then, pronouncing it in your mother tongue.

Actually, I don't think it would be bad to have the developer say the number
of years in their native language and not translate it.  Maybe KDE users
would learn to count in few different languages.  :)  But disk space usage is
a big issue, so it should be optional.

I don't think translation would be required for this (although this is veering
off-topic from what Adriaan proposed ...).

Regards,

Mark