List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdepim does not check for yacc
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () ph ! tum ! de>
Date:       2003-12-15 12:52:04

Hello,

I tried to compile the kdepim from CVS and got the following compile error:

make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/kde/kdepim/libical/src/libicalss'
yacc  -d -v -p ss `test -f 'icalssyacc.y' || echo './'`icalssyacc.y
/bin/sh: line 1: yacc: command not found
make[4]: *** [icalssyacc.c] Error 127
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/kde/kdepim/libical/src/libicalss'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/kde/kdepim/libical/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/kde/kdepim/libical'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/kde/kdepim'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I checked my system and yacc is indeed not installed. Shouldn't
./configure check for yacc and give an error message if it is not
installed? After installing bison-1.35, everything works fine.

BTW, I am using Debian SID, maybe bison is installed by default for
other distributions.

Take care,
Michael
--
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.