List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO problem
From:       "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-12-10 16:05:39

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 15:34 CET Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 December 2003 15:16, Giuseppe Torelli wrote:
> > Alle 11:04, mercoledì 10 dicembre 2003, Stephan Kulow ha scritto:
> > > I doubt it's the IP. I guess it's more the language of the desktop -
> > > i.e. the Accept-Language header

Nope, Google really goes by the IP address when it decides which language
you "want".

> > I tried to add:
> > job->addMetaData ("Accept-Language" , "en-us,en;q=0.5" );
> > but nothing to do, the Google language in the result page is still
> > italian no english. [...]

That's correct, Google doesn't honor that header either.

> With the advanced search, you can set a language:
> http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en_us

Those language settings are stored in a Cookie. It seems like this is the
only way to make Google make a different decision about your language.

HTH,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>