List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help with gopher kioslave
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-09 22:42:38

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 15:08, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Someone, Aaron Seigo i think, told me the code had not an appropiate
> license for KDE and suggested me not to look at it so my code didn't had
> issues also.

yes, the code was licensed under a non-Free license and as such couldn't be
shipped with KDE as per the KDE license policy[1]

so kio_gopher and a few other bits of code under the same license were removed
as the author didn't want to relicense them, which is of course fully within
the author's rights.

[1] http://developer.kde.org/policies/licensepolicy.html

--
Aaron J. Seigo