List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Help with gopher kioslave
From:       Albert Astals Cid <tsdgeos () terra ! es>
Date:       2003-12-09 18:32:19

Hi, maybe some of you have noticed i added a gopher kioslave to kdenonbeta
some months ago (kdenonbeta/gopher_kioslave/)

It is more or less working as gopher is not a very complicated protocol (i
still have some errors regarding the protocol but i think i'll be able of
sorting them).

The problem i see no way to sort out is this one:
 - gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/Humor and Fun/Microsoft_KSH.txt is a directory,
even if the name seems to say the contrary.

When typying that url, konqueror seems to take over my kioslave and decide it
has found a text file and so opens a kate kpart and embeds there the text the
kioslave returns.

If you type gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/Humor and Fun/Microsoft_KSH.txt/ (the
same but with a / after it) konqueror let's my kioslave work and so it shows
up correctly.

Any idea on solving that problem?

P.S: The kioslave is programmed as returning HTML to konqueror because gopher
has the option of sending information to the client like the one sent on
gopher://gopherproject.org and i din't know how to handle that with a
kioslave similar to the ftp one.

Thanks for reading.

Albert.