List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to use KApplication to build a GUI ?
From:       André Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2003-12-05 10:02:38

On Friday 05 December 2003 10:58, Giuseppe Torelli wrote:

> could someone post a link somewhere that shows
> an example to build a simple GUI with KApplication ?
> KDevelop only builds GUIs with KMainWindow but I need
> KApplication because of the lock() and unlock method.

KApplication can be used as a drop-in replacement for QApplication. It just
provides additional KDE related capabilities. So, just like with
QApplication, you create an instance of KApplication in your main() function,
then you create a widget to serve as your main widget, and set that as your
mainwidget using KApplication::setMainWidget(). There are of course
alternative ways of working, but these are the basics.

Easy as that.

André