List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde-config on Suse90
From:       Mike Richardson <mike () quaking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-12-01 8:27:56

On Friday 28 Nov 2003 9:18 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Fri November 28 2003 19:40, Mike Richardson wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 Nov 2003 11:18 pm, Mike Richardson wrote:
> > > Has anyone had any problems with kde-config on Suse90, only is seems to
> > > segfaulf for me all the time?
> >
> > FWIW, kde-config and meinproc segfaul if /proc is not mounted! The bomb
> > in readlink. Not sure whether this is a KDE or a more general problem
>
> Interesting, will look into it, but at the moment it refuses to unmount
> /proc :-)

Its a pretty bizarre situation, I admit! It arose by virtue of copying all the
(real) files for distro B into /build/B on another machine which has distro A
then chroot'ing to /build/B to do test build for B without have to have a
second machine (repeat for C, D, E .....). Solved by adding lots of proc
mounts in /etc/fstab.

--
Regards
Mike

http://www.rekallrevealled.org
*THE* GPL/Open Source database front end for Linux and Windows.