List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: packet managment for compiled-from-source?
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-29 5:19:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Freitag, 28. November 2003 23:55, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Thanks everyone,
>
> feels I should have laid more emphasize on that I would like to have this
> enabled into the build system ;)
>
> I knew about those extra packages like checkinstall but they are only,
> well, brutal helpers. I would think that there can be much more and better
> support for building packages put right into the build system. No need to
> create doc-pak directories, make files description-pak but have it all
> build in!
>
> There are debian directories all over the repository so I can imagine some
> kind of such support is already available but limited to the apt system.
> Right (Ralf)?
Well, yes and no. Debian package info in the core source package doesn't mean
it's provided for other packages. You can build debian packages right out of
CVS but for other distributions packaging of the core kde modules depend on
the work of the packagers - and they don't maintain their spec files in our
CVS.

Ralf

> Now would it be possible to integrate support for the other package systems
> as well? Any pointers?
>
> Friedrich

> >> unsubscribe <<

Ralf Nolden