List:       kde-devel
Subject:    packet managment for compiled-from-source?
From:       "Friedrich W. H.  Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2003-11-28 21:20:23

Hi everyone,

I just had the need/wish to install an compiled-from-source kde app but wanted
to do this under control by some packet managment (here rpm). I found no hint
how to do this (with support from kde's build system). So:
Have I really not been blind and this is not possible (to say: make rpm)?
Why? (okay, I'm a newbie to packet managment)
Anyone to work with me or help me perhaps to integrate this into the build
system (for several packet systems)?

I think this to be a nice feature.

Friedrich

PS: I have been lazy and not grepped the net for all the problems related to
packet managment on several distributions. But somehow I have the feeling
that configure could collect all needed information and help to assemble a
packet with all to be installed files.