List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Enhanced Trash functionality
From:       Simon Perreault <nomis80 () nomis80 ! org>
Date:       2003-11-25 16:53:35

On November 25, 2003 07:56, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> It is probably a superfluous remark, but shouldn't the library be set up in
> such a way that it is easy to switch backends (sqlite, xml, whatever)? If
> it turns out that XML is preferred over sqlite after all, you only have to
> rewrite the backend implementation.

...and we're back to the "we need KDE DBI" discussion. Writing a
backend-agnostic KDE interface to databases is a big project in and of
itself. Start coding the trash library now. If the
end-of-all-database-libraries ever gets written (unlikely), port the trash
library to it.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org>
http://nomis80.org