List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kontact Documentation
From:       Rocco Charamella <rcharamella () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-11-19 21:12:49

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 12:59 pm, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2003 21:51, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
>
> > There is no Kontakt manual unfortunately. See KDE Traffic #67:
> > http://kt.zork.net/kde/kde20031109_67.html#5
> > (Point 1 of "container framework".)
>

> Meanwhile I have written an initial version of the Kontact manual. It's
> not yet in CVS, though.
>

> > You might have to ask the question to the kde-pim mailing list, as
> > kde-pim developers are known *not* to read the kde-devel mailing
> > list.
>

> I'm wondering where you got this information from ;-)
>

> > On Wednesday 19 November 2003 21:40, Rocco Charamella wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone know if/where there is any documentation on Kontact. I'm
> > > attempting to connect the Calendar to a Novell Groupwise server,
> > > but it's hard without knowing how Kontact is supposed to act.
>

> What exactly do you want Kontact to do with the Groupwise server? What
> interfaces does Groupwise provide? There is no special Groupwise
> support in Kontact. As long as it doesn't provide something
> standardized as IMAP, LDAP or iCalendar over HTTP, I doubt that you
> will succeed with connecting Kontact to Groupwise.
>
> --
> Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org>

Thanks for your interest. We're just implementing Groupwise here at work and I
thought I'd see if I can get Kontact to work with it. My email with groupwise
is IMAP (for now) and my understanding is that Groupwise calendar is ical
compatible. I just don't know how Kontact is supposed to work. I'll let you
know what I find.
Peace,
Rocco