List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KJSEmbed and Kicker
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-11-18 18:54:12

On November 18, 2003 10:28 am, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> Greetings,
> 	If you are interested in programming KDE applications with something other
> than C++.  Have a look at KJSEmbed.  Its starting to get stable enough that
> we can build KDE components with it.  As an example we have built a kicker
> applet that can be extended in pure ECMAScript. For more details see:
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/view/240. Note that this is a big thing
> because these same techniques can be used to build KOffice, KDevelop, and
> Konqueror plugins in pure ECMAScript.

This could be a good replacement for the perl scripting plugin I had in
progress for Kopete ( the HORRIBLE perl scripting plugin I should say ).

Although the thrid party support for perl scripts via CPAN is nice, the
ability to use all of Qt and kdelibs via your scripts pretty much negates the
need for most of that.

I'll definitly look into this, from what i see form the tutorials it's really
impressive.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org