List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpell::modalCheck deprecated?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-11-18 12:28:33

I do not know if it the case here.

But when there is
foo ( void ); // No param
and
foo (int i); // An additional param

most of the time the function without the extra parameter gets deperec(i)ated,
as it will give later (KDE 4) somethink like:
foo (int i=0);

Someone has already complained that in this case, it should not be marked as
depreciated, as you can still use it in source code.

Also functions that define a parent QWidget in the new version, get
depreciated in the old version (without any explicit parent.) It is important
to have a real parent widget whenever possible.

Have a nice day!