On November 13, 2003 15:27, Jason Keirstead wrote: > On November 13, 2003 2:10 pm, George Staikos wrote: > > Quoting Jason Keirstead : > > Sorry, when did you last brute-force a relatively large chunk of data > > encrypted 16 rounds blowfish with a key generated with 1000 rounds of > > SHA-1? I would like to see this hardware. > > Just cause I don't have the hardware doesn't mean my attacker doesn't. > He may have some 1000 machine G5 cluster crunching away at it for a few > months, I don't know. He may need much, much more than that if he wants to finish it before generations of his descendants die. Did you ever follow distributed.net? > Besides, hardware is cheap. The point is that KWallet is subject to > brute-force type attacks that a properly set up box's login is not. You think that kwallet is easier to brute force than /etc/shadow and the 8 character unix passwords? -- George Staikos KDE Developer http://www.kde.org/ Staikos Computing Services Inc. http://www.staikos.net/ >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<