Just a quick question on kwallet while it a hot topic... will it/is it possible to add arptiary files to the wallet, eg a text file i have containing private (passwd's/account numbers etc...) info that id like encrypted, or maybe koffice documents etc.... you could drag n drop stuff into the wallet as/when required that would be neat imho PiggZ On Tuesday 11 November 2003 23:10, Jeff Stuart wrote: > On Tuesday 11 November 2003 05:24 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > > On Tuesday 11 November 2003 12:30, George Staikos wrote: > > > them all again. If all you want for your passwords is protection via > > > you login password, use a plain text file. > > > > i think you're missing at least part of the point: while you are speaking > > to this as primarily a security feature, many (would like to) perceive/ > > experience it as a _convenience_ feature: not having to type information > > over and over into common web forms, not having to type in passwords for > > various services over and over. > > > > kwallet's remember-my-data and auto-fill-in feature set is as valid a > > reason as the security possibilities are for having it around. > > > > denying the convenience aspects just so we can force security policies > > upon our users that many don't want (e.g. because they are irrelevant for > > them) sounds like poor practice. > > Let me just add my hearty AMEN to this. I also am using wallet for this > specific purpose. I am the only person who uses this computer (or even has > access to it) so I'm not THAT worried about security. -- adam@piggz.co.uk www.piggz.co.uk >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<