List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] expiring passwds
From:       Marcos Dione <mdione () grulic ! org ! ar>
Date:       2003-11-11 18:42:59

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 06:33:05PM +0100, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > I may need this to chamnge some user's passwds stored in his home...
> >
> sounds weird ...

    well, I don't know how to do it other way. thing is, every service
(smtp, ldap, etc) needs auth. we're using several programs that may
store passwords for those services (mozilla, evolution [sorry, not my
desition]) and passwds change each 30 days, so those stored passwds
become old. one solution is to not use the passwd manager, but e.g. evo
has no way to deactivate that feature. so the proposed idea was to hack
something to be able to both change the passwd in the domain (it's a NT
domain, ugh) and those stored by those apps.