List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] Any plans to keep up with longhorn?
From:       André Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2003-11-08 13:42:39

>I agree: For photos most people probably prefer the blur.
>
>But thanks to Datschge for pointing out those links.
>I've made a little test with these too, just to see how the test-icon will
>look like.
>
>The hq4x-algorithm applies a threshold to tell if two colors are
> approximately the same. This looks much better.
Indeed, this one looks pretty amazing in my opinion, _much_ better than any of
the other images. I especially like the way the edges of the arrows are still
nice and sharp, while not looking jagged. Even the folded paper edge is still
good. Very nice indeed!

>IMHO neither of these two looks nice for photos. (But the perfect picture
>viewer would give the user the choice and support several filter
> algorithms.)
Could you create a test-series like this one for a small picture as well? That
will make it easier to judge I think...

André

--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant