List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bug.kde.org
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-11-03 9:44:44

Patricio Bruna wrote:
> Is there any howto to become a helper of the kde comunite?

I don't think that there is a committee.  AFAIK, this place runs mostly on
constructive anarchy.

You could volunteer to be head of the QA department. :-)

Or, you can read:

	http://kde.tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=Bug+Triage

My take on this is that there are a lot of bugs that are no longer valid
and which could be closed as "Works For Me" if they are for an older
version and you can't confirm them on the current stable release.  If you
can't reproduce something from 3.1.3 or 3.1.4, I would ask the reporter for
more information.  There is really nothing to be gained by closing bugs
reported for HEAD -- leave that to the developers.

NOTE: you should have the current KDE_3_1_BRANCH from CVS and built from
source if possible as the best reference.

Try BugBuster which is in KDESDK.

--
JRT