List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [OT]Cultural differences Re: [OT] Any plans to keep up with
From:       Anguo <linux-tw () masquilier ! org>
Date:       2003-11-02 18:56:19

On Monday 03 Nov 2003 2:48 am, Tim Jansen wrote:
> I also wonder whether plugins are executed in user-space
> or kernel space. Indexing plugins would have to do quite
> complex things (parse file formats), and must be very
> secure (every file that is stored on the disk is a
> candidate for the indexing plugin, so a exploit in a
> plugin is fatal).

I just love it!

MS introduces some "new" "cool" features of the upcoming
windows version and apparently will worry about possible
exploits only after the product is shipped.

KDE developers on the other hand, instead of rushing blindly
after them, remain well grounded and debate thouroughly any
security implication.

The two OS/GUI are culturally worlds apart.

Anyway, I don't see that much in the ms video that we don't
already have now.

Thanks for everything.

Anguo

--