List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Bug for several labels in KStatusbar
From:       Klaus Niederkrueger <kniederk () math ! uni-koeln ! de>
Date:       2003-10-31 10:09:38

Hi,

There is a problem I have noticed in kcalc that has to do with repeated
use of insertItem into the statusbar.

Say you have

statusbar()->insertItem("ITEM", 2);
statusbar()->insertItem("ITEM", 2);

I tried to fix it, by writing something like

statusbar()->insertItem("ITEM", 2);
if(statusbar()->findItem(2)==NULL) statusbar()->insertItem("ITEM", 2);

Only problem is, there is no "findItem"-member for KStatusBar (or at least
I did not find anything comparable).

Hence I would like to change the "insertItem" function to

insertItem(String *str, int index)
{
	if(index exists already)     //  <--- this is new
		removeItem(index);   //  <--- this is new
	put_new_item(str, index);
}

Is this o.k.? I'm asking because of the feature freeze. I consider it a
bug, but maybe some people disagree.

Thanks

	Klaus