List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: getting binary information of a QPixmap
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-10-29 14:34:01

On October 29, 2003 8:45 am, Pupeno wrote:
> Do you know what's the best way to get the binary data of a QPixmap (and
> build a QPixmap out of that binary data) (than saving the QPixmap to a file
> and opening directly and viceversa) ?
> I tried it converting it to QImage (image) and then (I need to store it in
> a text file, that's why I encode it):
> QCString imageBuffer(reinterpret_cast<char *>(image.bits()),
> image.numBytes());
> QCString imageBufferEncoded = KCodecs::uuencode(imageBuffer);
>
> and the resulting imageBufferEncoded may even be empty... even imageBuffer
> seems to be empty some times although numBytes() for my images is always
> the same.
> Any idea how to do this succesfully ?

Theres an example right in the docs for saving a pixmap into a QByteArray:

	QPixmap pixmap;
	QCString imageBuffer;
	QBuffer buffer( imageBuffer );
	buffer.open( IO_WriteOnly );
	pixmap.save( &buffer, "PNG" ); // writes pixmap into imageBuffer as PNG
	QCString imageBufferEncoded = KCodecs::uuencode(imageBuffer);
	/* do whatever with this QCString */

Then later you want to

	/* read in QCString imageBufferEncoded */
	QCString imageBuffer = KCodecs::uudecode(imageBufferEncoded);
	QPixmap pixmap;
	pixmap.loadFromData( imageBuffer, "PNG" );

This should work I think.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org