List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: posix_memalign () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () mail ! com>
Date:       2003-10-28 13:11:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

koen muylkens wrote:
>Gdb gives this output:
>  Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>  0x4080d8e1 in posix_memalign () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
>  (gdb) bt
>  #0  0x4080d8e1 in posix_memalign () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
>  #1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
>
>Can anybody help me or give me some more information about what the problem
>could be ?
>Could this be a problem with KDE ?

Since you are a developer and you want to make your program compatible with
KDE recent releases, I'd recommend that you get (at least) kdelibs & kdebase
from CVS and build them with debugging enabled. Then port your application to
the KDE 3.2-to-be framework and, if it crashes again, you'll at least have a
full backtrace, indicating where the problem might be.

Your backtrace the way you posted is useless due to the lack of debugging
symbols. It could be any number of things, within or without KDE.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom@mail.com