List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Added more adequate comments in qxembed.cpp
From:       Leon Bottou <leon () bottou ! org>
Date:       2003-10-26 6:00:05

Two weeks ago Lubos complained that qxembed.cpp was inadequately commented.
This was completely right.  Only a few people dare to touch qxembed because it is
devilishly intricate and because it is too easy to break something.
This is not a sound situation...

Therefore I decided to massively comment qxembed.cpp.
My last commit (rev 1.49) contains about 450 lines of comments.
No changes besides comments and indentation.

The commenting process helped me finding a lot of suspicious code.
The easy bugs have been fixed in separate commits beforehand.

Everything I find suspicious or do not understand has been marked
with three question marks "???".   I believe, for instance, that the
focus navigation with the tab key does not work right.

Finally I still believe that the client side of the XEMBED protocol
should be implemented in the Qt/X11 kernel.
I hope my comments will help this happen.

- Leon