List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: will kopete send files?
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason.keirstead () q1labs ! com>
Date:       2003-10-16 11:53:29

On October 16, 2003 4:23 am, Ghiciuc Ilie wrote:
> Hello people,
> just a brief question... will I be able to send files using kopete in the
> next version? I know other IM clients offer this functionality. Thanks. Bye

Kopete's MSN supports file transfer, but I think that is the only protocol
doing so at the moment. Jabber *may* also support it but I am unsure. I am
quite sure AOL and ICQ do not (mETz, correct me if I am wrong?), and i know
IRC doesn't. As far as I know there aren't going to be any changes in the
file transfer front before KDE 3.2 is released, aside from fixing reported
bugs in MSN's file transfers, if any.

PS, kopete-devel@kde.org is the proper list for such questions in the future.

--
Jason Keirstead
Software Developer

506.462.9117 ext. 111 - Office
506.260.0787 - Mobile
1.877.471.5227

jason.keirstead@fredericton.q1labs.com | www.q1labs.com

Do you know what is happening on your network RIGHT NOW?

QVISION - Network Security Intelligence