List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: added debug areas
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2003-10-13 15:02:53

On Monday 13 October 2003 16:52, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> But if you have a common area 0, how can you enable, disable, redirect the
> precise kdebug output of that application?

I guess you have to recompile with a different configure flag.

The point of having debug areas is, IMHO, that you can turn off the debug
messages of the libraries your app is using. As a developer you have complete
control over the debug messages your app is printing, but not over debug
messages of the libs. Without the areas your stdout would get flooded with
messages from the libs, so it is nice to be able to turn them off
selectively.

It would be nice if you could do the same for your own app, but it is not
*necessary*.

best,
Jeroen
--