List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Huge ./configure size.
From:       Jason Wood <jasonwood () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-10-12 20:14:26

Hi,

I am preparing to package up my KDE application, and noticed that the size of
the generated tarball was quite large.

Now, part of this is due to some images in the manual  that need to be
shrank/compressed more/etc, but part of it is due to the size of the
./configure file - just over 700K in size! (about 135K if I gzip it on it's
own.)

Is this normal? It is much larger than I expected.

Versions:
Autoconf 2.57
Automake 1.7.3

Cheers,