List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Running KDE in Brazilian Portuguese...
From:       Scott Bargabus <scott.bargabus () lindows ! com>
Date:       2003-10-10 0:18:01

Greetings,
I am trying to run KDE in Brazilian Portuguese under LindowsOS, which is
based on Debian.  Ultimately, I want to build an ISO that defaults to
pt_BR.  On a clean install of KDE 3.0, I can convert it into a Portugal
Portuguese with the following steps...

- Install kde-i18n-pt
- Reconfigure the locales package (dpkg-reconfigure locales) to default
to  pt locales (ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8).  /etc/environment now contains
LANG=pt_PT
- Add a script to /etc/X11/Xsession.d that exports LANG=pt_PT,
LANGUAGE=pt, and LC_ALL=pt_PT
- Add Language=pt_PT to /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc
- Change Language=pt and Country=pt entries in
~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

This results in KDE being localized to Portuguese.  If I repeat the
exact same steps with pt_BR and kde-i18n-ptbr, KDE still runs in
English.  Any ideas?  Thanks, very much...

SB