List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: mozillacss in Konq 3.2 alpha 2
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2003-10-06 12:49:20

Hi,

I use Konqi from KDE 3.1.3 and the pages does render correct. So, I wouldn't
try to find a css-workaround for this issue cause it seems to be a bug
introduced lately.
- From my experiences Konqis/KHTML's compatibility to work with XHTML/CSS is
very good and I never had to work around (include hacks) on something as with
IE6 or Opera6.

> There is a project on mozdev attempting to redo the mozilla.org homepage
> using strict XHTML and CSS.  The author is attempting to get the CSS such
> that the page looks good in as many browsers as possible, and so I've tried
> browsing the example page (http://mozillacss.mozdev.org/mozilla/) using
> Konqueror CVS. It looks great except that the end of the page takes up the
> top half of the window when you scroll all the way down in Konq, whereas in
> Mozilla it is flush with the bottom as it should be.  Also, the background
> of the copyright blurb is supposed to take the entire width of the page,
> but it doesn't in Konqueror.
>
> I don't know CSS too well, so does anyone on this list have any advice as
> to workarounds or proper coding that would make the page appear correctly
> in Konqueror?  Although this is about Mozilla, I figure this is a great
> test of Konqueror's conformance with XHTML/CSS compared with Mozilla. :D
>
> Please direct any suggestions to mozphile (AT) freemail.hu, the author of
> the proposed redesign.  Also note that I don't have Konq as shipped with
> KDE 3.1 installed;  that would be a good version to test as well.
>
> If anyone would like to see a screenshot of the problems I'm referring to,
> then please view the screenshot I've put up at:
> http://grammarian.homelinux.net/konq-screenie.png
>
> Thanks!!
>
>  - Michael Pyne
>
> P.S.  Please don't Slashdot my computer :D

> Subject: Re: mozillacss in Konq 3.2 alpha 2
> Date: Saturday 04 October 2003 12:38
> From: Chris <mozphile@freemail.hu>
> To: Michael Pyne <pynm0001@comcast.net>
>
> Thanks for the heads up. Could you send me screenshots
> and/or possible  solutions?
>
> I also need help in CVS. When it comes to technical stuff, I
> usually have no clue. As such, I cannot use CVS to update
> the files, which is a pain in the rear. I downloaded WinCVS
> and TortoiseCVS and if you know how to use them with mozdev,
> please help.
>
> Michael Pyne <pynm0001@comcast.net> írta:

> >> unsubscribe <<

- --