On Sunday 28 September 2003 22:36, Dirk Schönberger wrote: > > I looked in KImageIO and QT's image plugins. I think it would be good to > > replace KImageIO plugins with pure QT plugins. This way KImageIO can be > > ripped of from KDE, or can be made more lightweight (no need for the > > plugin > > > loader). Is this a good idea? If it is I could present some code, too. > > Problem with this is, each application who wish to use an QImageIO filter > has to link them explicitly. > KImageIO provides a KDE wide mechanism with central registration. > The Qt filter mechanisms would be fine for stand-alone applications, but > less than optimal for desktop applications. Imagine > that Konqueror could read TIFFs (as an example), while Kicker could not do > it... Well, it is already the case, if your application forgets to call the KImageIO registration method. > > I am not quite sure if KImageIO filters can be layered, so that they can be > either used separately (QImageIO) or > as part of KImageIO. As they are already QImageIO, I doub that it would be complex. (But as always I suppose that the problem is in the details.) > > I am interested in this problem because I have implemented a KImageIO > filter for SVG files (using KSVG), which I would like to test. Add it to the registration method. Then you can test with KView. (I found that KView was the best program to test when I added MS-DOS EPS files to the EPS KImageIO.) > > Regards > Dirk > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<