List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problems regarding Taskbar and QWidget::setIcon()
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2003-09-28 13:10:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello list,

I've got a application which changes it's icon frequently.
I usually changed the apps icon by using this code:

setIcon(CMainWindow::iconForStatus(o->StatusFull()));

This worked fine in the past and this code updated the icon in the app-window
_and_ the icon in Kickers Taskbar as well.

But without changing my code this stopped working somewhere in the past. The
Taskbar seems to not update the application icon when the application calls
"setIcon()". The icon in the app-window still updates on each call, but the
taskbar always shows the icon that has been set with the _first_ setIcon()
call.

I solved my problem by using this code instead, but is this the preferred way
in future or did i find a bug?

KWin::setIcons(winId(),CMainWindow::iconForStatus(o->StatusFull()),CMainWindow::iconForStatus(o->StatusFull()));

Any ideas?

Thomas

--
Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.