List:       kde-devel
Subject:    OT Re: kppp in kdebase
From:       Troels Tolstrup <troels () tolstrup ! org>
Date:       2003-09-15 19:31:56

On Monday 15 September 2003 22:03, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> When I said I was lucky, I meant really lucky.
>
> DSL router, ethernet based, plug one RJ45 in to the back of the PC. Plug
> phone cable into wall. Switch on. Authenticate via the (pre-programmed)
> address. Use like a normal ethernet router.
>
> No dialup, no pppoe software, just a standard NIC in my PC.
>
> However, I know the sort of utility you mean (an alternative DSL
> supplier here provides one for Win32), and I agree it would be very
> useful to the majority of DSL users.

Bog, and here i thought you were kidding about the "dsl dialup" earlier. :)

Naive me thought all DSL connections was simple DHCP setups. Is the latter
cheaper, or why would they want to make it software/dialer controlled? (i
just did a check, all the danish dsl providers i could think of seems to
just have users connect through dhcp)

Mvh
Troels