List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KCmdLineArgs Question
From:       Allen Winter <winterz () verizon ! net>
Date:       2003-09-14 1:25:42

Hi.

I'm developing a non-GUI KDE application, so I think I want to use KCmdLineArgs like \
so:

    KCmdLineArgs::init( argc, argv, &aboutData, true );
    KCmdLineArgs::addCmdLineOptions( options );
    KCmdLineArgs *args = KCmdLineArgs::parsedArgs();

When I compile this, I get the following:

  % ./konsolekalendar --show fred
  WARNING (KCmdLineArgs):
  Application requests for parsedArgs("qt") without a prior call to \
addCmdLineOptions( ..., "qt")  lt-konsolekalendar: kcmdlineargs.cpp:693: static \
char*** KCmdLineArgs::qt_argv(): Assertion `args' failed.  zsh: abort      \
./konsolekalendar --show fred

If I init KCmdLineArgs without the optional last 'true' argument (which indicates no \
commandline options for QApplication/KApplication -- no KDE or Qt options) things \
work ... sorta.  I see these messages which I do not want:
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used

Nor do I want --help-all to show the Qt or KDE standard options.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Allen