List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KPaint
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-09-13 19:03:58

On Saturday 13 September 2003 17:25, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Saturday 13 September 2003 16:41, Michael Thaler wrote:
> (...)
>
> > Now I have a couple of questions:
> > - first, if I like to check back the changes to the original KPaint,
> > what do I have to do? Should I send the code to someone for review?
>
> Make a:
> cvs diff -u
> and sent the patch to the right mailing list. (I am not sure if it is
> kde-devel for the kdegraphics module. Look at
> http://www.kde.org/mailinglists to find if there is a better list.)

I forgot to add: if your changes are not too big.

The concept of "big" depends on how the mailing lists is crowded. For lists
like kde-devel try to keep a few 10KB, smaller lists up to around 50KB.

So either feed smaller changes to the mailing list or contact the list to see
who wants your patch or make your patch available on a server and announce
the link in the mailing list. (After one or two patches accepted, you could
also try to apply for a CVS account.)

(...)

Have a nice day!