List:       kde-devel
From:       bk <bk390934 () skynet ! be>
Date:       2003-09-13 14:20:48

I need to invoke KPasswordDialog from within a non-gui library which is not
"attached" to any KDE or Qt application.

When I try to do this I get this on stderr:
"QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice"

Obviously I need a QApplication /  KApplication instance but in this case I
simply don't have any because it is part of a "KDE unaware library" which in
turn is not even used in a KDE application.

What are my options?