List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Newbie Guide to Building KDE from CVS. Comments sought.
From:       "Mahfouf Anne-Marie" <annemahfouf () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-09-12 0:27:38

Hi,

I have an article basically doing the same
http://women.kde.org/articles/tutorials/howtocvs.php
but the more the better :-)

Don't forget the devel packages, that's why newbies always lack.
You say:
"To check the QT packages you have installed, enter the following command.
rpm -qa | grep qt"

You should state here what the output should be. I would insist on RedHat
specifics (as you know it well) and for others I would tell them to build
qt-copy to be sure everything is really OK, especially with distros
splitting qt in several packages.
You don't say to the user how to set QTDIR in case he has qt from rpm.(well,
I just read it quickly so maybe I missed it)

For better consulting of your doc, I would put user input in a <tt> of some
sort.

The title is very good and the doc also, it will be very useful, an
excellent initiative. The netiquette is a very good add-on. Maybe mention to
have a look at the bug database if the user finds a bug.

Anne-Marie
aka annma