List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kpaint
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () ph ! tum ! de>
Date:       2003-09-09 12:53:49

Hi Karl-Heinz,

> this sounds great - might I make a small proposal?
>
> Could you imagine using a right-mouse-button menu instead?

This will not work with the method I am using now. I would have to
reimplent the event handling because right clicks are not handled by
qpushbutton, which I am using in the KWidgetAction.

But I am not sure if this is a good thing, anyway: In toolbars
right-click is used to get a toolbar menu where you can adjust some
toolbar properties, so I think, double click is better. Any suggestions?

> In most KDE apps the right mouse button is used to open a so-called
> context menu: from there you could easily open the config dialog.

Karbon does it the way I have done it now.

Thank you for your suggestions,
Michael
--
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.