List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KPaint
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2003-09-08 12:45:36

Dnia Monday 08 of September 2003 13:31, Michael Thaler napisał:
> Hello,
>
> I was thinking about writing a little KDE paint application. Since I
> am new to KDE programming I cannot write an application from scratch
> and I was thinking of improving kpaint. I already read through the
> source and I understand most of it (I hope).
>
> First of all, how can I compile just kpaint? I don't know how to use
> automake and I don't want to write my own Makefile. Is there a
> possibility to use the Makefile from kdegraphics and just tell it to
> only compile kpaint? There are two Makefiles in the kpaint-directory:
> Makefile.am  Makefile.in. Can they be used to create a Makefile
> somehow?

Other people gave more professional advice. The simplest is just: run
./configure
in kdegraphics it will create all necessary Makefiles. If you don't want to
create new files just run make && make install in kpaint directory. It
works always for me while doing small custom changes for kapplications.

m.