List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Getting the current directory in a service menu
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-09-08 9:55:16

David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 08 September 2003 00:26, Henrique Pinto wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Is there any way to pass the name of the directory that is being visualized in
>>Konqueror to an external app in the "Exec=" line of the desktop file of a
>>service menu? I tried putting "." and "$PWD", but they always expand to the
>>home directory, instead of the current one.
>

> Try %d
> (see the "desktop entry standard" on developer.kde.org or in kdelibs/kio)

I think that what he wants is for it to work like this:

Giver <dir> and <command>

	cd <dir>
	<command>

with the "Exec" in a desktop file.

You should be able to use:

	cd <dir>; <command>

The specification:

http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec/0.9.4-onehtml/

says that you can use:

	Path=<dir>

but it doesn't appear to work.

Then the second question is: how does he get the directory.

--
JRT